Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Well its done, kind of....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The belt that came with the kit was to small and bound up the adj pully then procceded to burn off frown I bought a new one today smile

    I bought a high pressure "T" and cut the high pressure fuel line and installed the FPG there. my idle pressure is 45 PSI

    I do get some rattling from the engine and it wasn't warmed up yet, So I don't know what that is. The timing is still set at stock but I didn't think that would matter at idle?

    So later I will go and install the new belt and set the timing to 14? and see what it can do.

    Ill let you know tonight wether it blows the FU?K up smile

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    BTW I get the "marbles rolling around in a can thing" But why would that happen when the car is cold? And not boosting?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With a brand new install, I would recommend setting your timing to 8 degrees.

    Shake out the bugs (you're going to have some) at a super-safe timing. Then crank it up as needed.

    "Stones rolling" could be the blower's normal sound.

    "Stones rattling" is detonation or a very loose piece of metal. Very much worth looking into.

    No, it shouldn't detonate at idle.

    BTW. I also have a FP sender spliced into that hose. Works fine.

    Keep us posted on your progress.

    Greg

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Ok here's the deal:

    There is a wire on the back of the block that runs down to the crank. The bracket was hitting the tension pully for the SC.

    I took off the bracket and its running fine.

    Im at 16 BTDC (stock) and the JR BTC is at 12 o'clock. I ran it for 30 min and went to full boost a few times with no detonation!! biggrin I'm still going to retard the timing a little.

    BTW I broke the head off the center bolt for the fuel and the 3rd injector from the passanger side is leaking. What are the spacers the directions are talking about? And, how far down do I tighten the bolts? All the way to the seats?

    Thanx guys biggrin

    [This message has been edited by cetane (edited March 25, 2001).]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member INTEGRA LSSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2001
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Im at 16 BTDC (stock) and the JR BTC is at 12 o'clock. I ran it for 30 min and went to full boost a few times with no detonation!! I'm still going to retard the timing a little. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    are you gonna retard the timing or turn down the btc

    ------------------
    95 Integra LS, 6psi JRSC, JR BTC, DC 4-2-1 header,DC catback,AEM cai,Mugen Thermostat, Testpipe,&more coming soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •